Associate Director, Medical Communications Strategy
Responsible for the creation, planning and implementation of strategic initatives across multiple client accounts, ensuring the delivery of innovative medical education programs with seamless program execution. Works directly with business team leads to establish educational needs and provides strategic initiative solutions that meet client marketing brand objectives. Maintains high-level client service standards by working closely with clients to establish specific communication goals and identifying soultions to meet these goals. Accountable for fostering on-going organic business opportunities across assigned client accounts and nurturing strong client partnerships at the strategic initaitives level.
The ideal candidate is an out of the box imaginative thinker with the ability to generate a creative environment. A minimum of 5 years in relevant job experience, with a strong knowledge of technology based program trends and unique or innovative education solutions, is required. Experience in new business development, pharmaceutical advertising and /or extensive medical conference experience is a major plus.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Client Operations:
- Obtain a working knowledge of client brand and strategies
- Understand or acquire knowledge of competitive landscape related to the client brand/therapy
- Apply insights to tactical approaches to brand strategies
- Act as a resource for client through all business needs and marketing activities by providing clients with high-level counsel and strategic advice with respect to their associated brands
- Partner with business and department leads to identify strategic and tactical solutions that align with client brand goals/needs
- Build and maintain positive, lasting client relationships; ensure client perceives that the Company is always providing value-added services
- Internal Operations - Business
- Work either as a project lead or a flexible and collaborative partner with other team leads within the organization
- Generate a series of strategic solutions that align with brand/theraputic challenges
- Develop integrated plans acorss business units for use during brand planning, tactics timelines and new business opportuntieis
- Develop scopes and estimates inline client yearly budgets established through speaker bureau business and provide on-going fincaial updates to business team leads
- Internal Operations - People
- Leads and directs junior account team operations, including workload management, problem solving, general project oversight and new or existing customer needs
- Actively participates in on-going development of direct team reports
- Provides a leadership role in hiring, training, mentoring, providing continuous feedback with direct reports and ensures the same process takes place between account managers and their respective teams
- Continuously looks for ways to appropriately reward and motivate good work and dedication to the client and the Company
- Assists account managers in the development of strategic and creative input to their respective client programming initiatives
- Bachelor's degree from a four year college or university is required.
- An advanced degree in science or business is preferred.
- Five plus years relevant job experience is required.
- Experience with Speakers Bureau
- Must have an extensive knowledge of medical marketing and communications in the pharmaceutical arena.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills and a strong understanding of scientific and medical concepts are required.
- Experience in oncology is a plus.
- Management experience with multidisciplinary teams, proven program management skills, and presentation skills, organization, creativity and resourcefulness are required.
- Computer proficiency, financial management and planning are also required.
Competency: To perform the job successfully, an individual should demonstrate the following competencies:
- Business Acumen
- Intrapersonal Skills
- Communication Skills
- Financial Acumen
- Travel Requirements: Requires ability to travel approximately 33% of the calendar year.
Competitive salary and benefits package