Director, Education (CME)
Our client is seeking an experienced director who is passionate about adult learning theory, instructional design, learning outcomes, and the use of emerging instructional technologies to lead a team of instructional design and project management professionals working with our faculty experts and clinical content team designing high quality online learning courses that enable physicians to self-assess and address their specific learning needs.
The Director of Education and Learning is responsible for the strategy, competitive assessment, product roadmap and business plan of each of the medical specialty areas s/he leads. Expert in management through influence, this leader works across clinical content, technology and marketing to ensure all the educational products deliver the highest value to the physicians in that medical specialty and are wholly differentiated and superior to that of the competition.
The Director of Education and Learning accepts ownership and accountability for all products in their specialty areas being delivered on time, in budget and with inimitable quality. The Director of Education and Learning is responsible for the design and implementation of all learning outcomes reporting, analysis, and continual improvement model. The Director of Education and Learning leads and facilitates all internal planning sessions for his/her specialty area, with support from the Medical Director and Learning Engineers.
This seasoned, flexible and energetic team player also oversees and provides direction to our cross functional internal teams to ensure the timely and successful delivery of our solutions as per – and ahead of – existing and future client needs. This position enables you to take a leadership role in designing high-quality educational programs that impact patient care and to be part of an innovative start-up in the post-graduate medical education space.
- Direct the overall educational program design for all products in specified specialty (therapeutic) areas, ensuring that they align with the companies vision and strategic goals.
- Oversee alignment of all educational products in your specialty areas with current and new client needs through ongoing cross-functional engagement across the organization with internal and external stakeholders, including existing and new partners.
- Serve as the main liaison across the company for each medical specialty area he/she is leading. Lead and facilitate curriculum design and content development sessions, ensuring progress and product status, decisions, issues and risks are communicated internally and externally.
- Oversee the continued success of the educational products in your specialty areas, providing leadership to cross-departmental matrixed teams. Work with internal staff and external faculty to identify and define functional product requirements that will ensure success. Work with internal teams to make requirements actionable, ensuring continual improvement and innovation.
- Manage a team of Learning Engineers and Associates, as well as work collaboratively in a matrixed approach with the Clinical Content team.
- Lead the researching, planning, development, and implementation of new content products based on adult learning principles, contemporary instructional design, and optimal use of the company's educational technology, including scanning the environment for potential new opportunities.
- Direct internal day-to- day project operations, ensuring projects are delivered on time, within budget, and according to product design specifications. Provide leadership to the learning team by fostering a positive and collaborative work environment.
- Direct processes for internal quality assurance of project team deliverables, helping to foster a climate of CQI within the companies learning organization culture.
- Work with the executive team to achieve financial objectives for assigned specialty areas, including identifying, fostering and responding to growth opportunities.
- Design assessment strategy across all therapeutic areas.
- Master degree or higher, specifically in Adult Learning, Instructional Design, or Postgraduate Medical Education, or equivalent experience
- 7+ years of professional experience with postgraduate education and project/program management, with demonstrated experience in delivering successful educational programs and products
- Ability to implement adult learning principles and effective instructional design techniques in educational product development and delivery
- Strong business acumen with demonstrated experience in project management and work breakdown plan development; experience coordinating multiple, concurrent projects, with ability to manage expectations effectively across competing priorities; adept at identifying, quantifying and managing risk to project delivery; and the ability to solve complex problems with a sense of urgency while maintaining a high degree of attention to detail
- Results-oriented self-starter who can quickly learn and apply new knowledge in a fast-paced environment and quickly become the resident expert
- Motivated to research and experiment with emerging instructional methodologies and technologies
- CHCP and or FACEHP
- RN, MSN, NP
- Project Management Profession (PMP) certification or training
- Demonstrated understanding and experience with a variety of project management and online instructional methodologies
Competitive salary and benefits package