Senior Medical Director
Our Client is currently seeking a Senior Medical Director to join our Medical and Scientific Services Team.
The Senior Medical Director (SMD) will oversee the development and implementation of various medical communications assignments done to support our pharmaceutical and biotechnology clients. The SMD will help to develop the client relationship by ensuring that the scientific needs of the account are being met, specifically that the work has strategic focus, scientific rigor/accuracy, and clinical relevance.
Specific responsibilities include:
- Acting as the scientific lead on multiple accounts, providing strategic direction and leadership
- Overseeing content development, including primary writing
- Problem-solving when conflicts or issues arise to ensure that the client’s goals are met
- Building and maintaining client relationships
- Partnering effectively with other cross-functional team leads to ensure client communication strategies are achieved
- Providing input into the scientific aspects of budget and timeline development
- Collaborating with the client services team on scientific staffing plans
- Participating in business development initiatives, including identifying and providing recommendations to potential new clients
- Training and developing junior scientific staff members
- Actively participating in and leading scientific services departmental initiatives designed to foster creativity and innovation in the company and its services
- An advanced degree such as MD or PhD and 4+ years experience work within Industry or Agency.
- Ability to interpret data and to provide pharmaceutical clients with strategic/scientific direction
- Strong organizational, problem solving, and project management skills
- Expertise in overseeing a wide range of complex projects within a team structure
- Excellent communication and presentation skills
- Self-motivated and enthusiastic
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced, dynamic, highly detail-oriented environment
- Management experience and the ability to mentor and guide others
- In depth knowledge of pharmaceutical standards, compliance, and regulations
- Proficiency with Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Microsoft Outlook, and Internet research
- Ability and willingness to travel (typically once or twice a month for client events/meetings
Competitive salary and benefits package.