VP, Group Account Supervisor
Our client is a premier professional services firm specializing in health care communications and strategy consulting in the pharmaceutical and biotechnology industries.
Our client is dedicated to complete product lifecycle management through our body of companies, developing strategic brand solutions that drive demand across multiple stakeholder channels and deliver results that matter.
Vice President, Group Account Supervisor will operate on multiple levels, both internally and externally, to strategically manage oncology brand, product, client service team and especially external client relations. He or She will be responsible for providing strategic direction for awarded client business regarding product and marketplace issues. He or she will need to be able to lead the client's account specifically leading the team on tactical, financial, and some strategic responsibilities.
Responsibilities will include:
- Demonstrate ability to adapt to various client corporate cultures.
- Demonstrate mastery of scientific category and competitive data
- Stay ahead of marketing/advertising/digital and brand-specific trends in order to offer added-value to the client/creative product
- Become a trusted and integral strategic advisor to the client team and embody service-oriented attitude
- Possess strong communication skills, both internal and external
- Oversee planning and execution of sold business to the complete satisfaction of the client
- Provide ongoing strategic counsel and advice to assigned clients
- Lead strategic and tactical planning process that includes all business units
- Provide ongoing guidance to all team members and be available to them as a resource for account, agency, departmental policies, and procedures
- Provide leadership within the department as well as across the Firm
- Provide and ensure adequate progress reports on projects to clients and provide ongoing strategic counsel and advice to major clients
- Attend status meetings, communicate progress on each assigned project at weekly team update meetings
- Revise and approve draft budgets for all clients
- Ensure internal cost control and adherence to agreed-upon budgets
- Revise and approve draft financial reconciliations on completion of projects
- Maintains or exceeding minimum billable utilization percentages for position level
- Works within and manages to assigned and budgeted labor hours by job and position level, to ensure minimum standards of job profitability
- Liaison with client regarding all financial issues as relates to initial sale and scope changes
- Demonstrate the fiscal acumen to lead a profitable account; aggressively monitor fee performance to encourage/ensure profitability
- Proven ability to assess client needs and develop strategic recommendations
- Well-developed knowledge of business practices and vendor relations
- Ability to manage and train junior client services staff
- Successful history of growing brands and possibly launching brands
- Understanding of therapeutic categories and disease states, especially oncology
- Launch experience required
- A bachelors degree preferably in marketing, advertising, communications, or life sciences
- Minimum of 8-10 years of experience in a healthcare communications agency or pharmaceutical environment
- Any appropriate combination of education and experience
- Must have excellent written, verbal, presentation, and analytic skills
- Provide specific strategic direction (product and market) to client services team responsible for execution of sold business
- Assist in developing and participating in new business presentations
- Review and approve proposals and estimates
- Determine staffing and service needs based on sold business
Competitive salary, excellent benefits, and a great working environment.