To assist internal account and MSS teams in the production of high-quality materials for the pharmaceutical industry and other educational bodies through careful management and execution of quality control SOPs related to the job description. The production of error/free, high quality materials will enhance understanding of the product/disease area for physicians, thus helping our clients meet their objectives of educating physicians about their new products.
- Edit and proofread copy to the highest standard for a full range of educational materials for various audiences. Including slides for oral presentations, print items, multimedia. Ensuring the material meets the project objectives.
- Manage/coordinate materials through design/production to print-ready stage, according to internal procedures.
- Check proofs/printer’s proofs (text, layout, color, specification) and sign-off for some print/production items.
- Accurate/precise interpretation and incorporation of client/author corrections.
- Assist in directing the development of creative designs.
- Assist in the development and implementation of production schedules.
- Edit new copy generated within the team(s), to assist in maintaining the highest quality output.
- Implement production of the editorial items according to the budgeted hours and deadlines agreed. Monitor and feedback progress to editorial colleagues and account teams.
- Research and writing projects where appropriate, e.g. abstracts, biographies, chairperson invitation letters.
- Manage discrete projects alone and work as part of a team.
Key result areas:
- Production of materials/end-products to the highest standard (from pre-written copy), fulfilling the requirements of the client and direct manager, while meeting all objectives and deadlines.
- Effective interaction with clients, speakers, opinion leaders and internal staff at an appropriate scientific and professional level.
- Editorial Manager
- Editorial Manager, Editors, Medical Writers, Scientific Directors
- Account Directors, Account Managers, Associate Account Managers and Project Assistants
- Production and Creative Departments
- Third-party suppliers, e.g. freelance editors, vendors
- Bachelor’s degree, and at least 1 year’s editorial experience within a communications agency or scientific publishers.
- Excellent command of English and attention to detail (eg, style/consistency, grammar, syntax, layout).
- Excellent copyediting skills.
- Ability to handle own projects as well as support assigned editorial team.
- Excellent project/time management and organizational skills.
- Aptitude for critical review of copy, questioning client/author corrections.
- Sufficient scientific understanding of product and disease area and awareness of marketing objectives to allow critical review and editing of copy without the need for routine involvement of Medical Writer/similar.
- Ability to train/mentor staff within the editorial unit on copy editing, proofreading and other editing skills.
- IT skills (including WP, databases, graphics packages, Internet, etc.).
- Good understanding and implementation of internal operating procedures.
- Knowledge of print/production procedures.
- Budgetary awareness.
- Excellent inter-personal/communication skills, including client/opinion leader contact skills.
- Familiar with code of practice guidelines for medical copy/copyright issues (e.g. AMA guidelines/copyright clearance rules).
Competitive salary and benefits package