A medical communication agency based in Chicago, IL, Seeks a Medical Writer to join our Team. The Ideal Candidate will be able to analyze, interpret, and communicate scientific information in a simple yet educational way for a variety of audiences.
The Medical Writer will be responsible for assisting in creating scientific communication content used to inform and educate within a variety of therapeutic areas. This person will liaise directly with Medical Directors in the development of strategic medical communications. Responsibilities will include literature searches and reviews utilizing various database sources, understanding and interpreting the scientific literature, writing and content development and ensuring the medical and editorial accuracy of all content created.
- Ability to concisely and accurately communicate scientific information to a variety of audiences.
- Excellent grammatical, editorial, and proofreading skills.
- Attention to factual detail and accuracy.
- Outstanding organizational and project management skills.
- Must be able to communicate effectively in a team setting.
- Strong critical thinking and problem solving skills.
- Capacity to manage time effectively.
- Bachelor's degree in science; Advanced degree preferred (MS, MD, PhD, PharmD).
- 1-3 years medical writing experience
- Proficiency in Windows, Word, and Powerpoint.
- Experience in the medical/health care industry.
Compensation commensurate with experience. Competitive benefits package.