Senior Medical Director
The Senior Medical Director will be responsible for acting as the client-facing medical lead for multiple accounts within the agency. Primary duties include participation in strategic brainstorming and bran planning, attendance at medically-focused client meetings, and development of clinical content for all brand tactics. Responsible for ensuring high quality with regard to scientific content, organization, clarity, accuracy, format, consistency, and adherence to regulatory and internal guidelines, styles, and processes.
- Serves as medical point person on assigned accounts
- Participates in client-facing and internal strategic brainstorming and brand planning sessions
- Adds value to current project quality and outcomes by demonstrating in‑depth technical expertise of assigned therapeutic category areas
- Develops medically-related content for a full range of deliverables (manuscripts, slide presentations, advisory boards, posters, strategy guides, monographs, etc)
- Reviews content from copywriters and freelancers for scientific accuracy and appropriateness
- Works closely with account and strategic services for the assigned account
- Oversees all projects within the account to ensure consistency and accuracy
- Mentors junior writers
- Interacts and works directly with clients
- Provides strategic direction across projects
- Discusses medical content with pharmaceutical clients, medical professionals, KOLs, and managed care customers
- Works closely with both account and creative teams to create content that meets the objectives of strategic imperatives
- Works closely with editorial to ensure scientific and editorial accuracy of jobs
- Attends medical, legal, regulatory review meetings
- Executes aspects of administrative responsibilities (time sheets, project timelines, creative manager) in a detailed and timely manner
- Participates in project kick-off meetings, weekly status meetings, and scientific services team meetings
- Participates in new business proposals
- Responds to needs of team and senior management
- Oversees non-billable activities within the clinical department with regard to organization of clinical lunch and learns, development of a database of clinicians for consultation, and regular literature searches to ensure awareness of pipeline activity
- Advanced degree in life sciences, PhD or PharmD preferred. MD or DO will be considered with relevant experience.
- At least 7 years of experience in medical education/medical communications or similar field with expereince in a client-facing medical lead role, responsible for development of clinical content for all brand tactic
- Strong written and communication skills, comfortability speaking with clients and healthcare professionals
- Ability to provide independent medical direction.
- Ability to work independently and cross-functionally with minimal supervision.
Competitive salary and benefits package