Senior Medical Director
Our Client is currently seeking a Senior Medical Director to join our Medical and Scientific Services Team.
The Senior Medical Director (SMD) will oversee the development and implementation of various medical communications assignments done to support our pharmaceutical and biotechnology clients. The SMD will help to develop the client relationship by ensuring that the scientific needs of the account are being met, specifically that the work has strategic focus, scientific rigor/accuracy, and clinical relevance. Based on the clients we serve, the SMD must have a commanding knowledge in any one or more of the following therapeutic areas; immunology, oncology (across several cancer types), cardiovascular, infectious disease, neurology, internal medicine (which includes pulmonology, nephrology, and rheumatology) is essential.
Specific responsibilities include:
- Acting as the scientific lead on multiple accounts, providing strategic direction and leadership
- Overseeing content development, including primary writing
- Problem-solving when conflicts or issues arise to ensure that the client’s goals are met
- Building and maintaining client relationships
- Partnering effectively with other cross-functional team leads to ensure client communication strategies are achieved
- Providing input into the scientific aspects of budget and timeline development
- Collaborating with the client services team on scientific staffing plans
- Participating in business development initiatives, including identifying and providing recommendations to potential new clients
- Training and developing junior scientific staff members
- Actively participating in and leading scientific services departmental initiatives designed to foster creativity and innovation in the company and its services
Qualifications for the position include:
- An advanced degree such as MD or PhD and 4+ years in the therapeutic area of oncology
- Ability to interpret data and to provide pharmaceutical clients with strategic/scientific direction
- Strong organizational, problem solving, and project management skills
- Expertise in overseeing a wide range of complex projects within a team structure
- Excellent communication and presentation skills
- Self-motivated and enthusiastic
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced, dynamic, highly detail-oriented environment
- Management experience and the ability to mentor and guide others
- In depth knowledge of pharmaceutical standards, compliance, and regulations
- Proficiency with Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Microsoft Outlook, and Internet research
- Ability and willingness to travel (typically once or twice a month for client events/meetings)
ABOUT THE EMPLOYER
- Competitive salary and benefits package.
- Our Client is a partner to pharmaceutical, biotech, and device companies, providing scientific strategy, medical education, and peer-to-peer initiatives to maximize the value of their research and brands with scientific differentiation that matters.
- Their large team of medical directors and scientific experts investigate, clarify, and identify the unique value that their clients’ products can add to the healthcare community. They then translate that into compelling, creative, and clinically relevant communications designed to support the product from early development to commercialization and lifecycle management.