The Project Manager is responsible for overseeing the timely, quality delivery of a portfolio or medical communications projects. He/She is also responsible for establishing and maintaining effective working relationships with peers, staff, suppliers, clients, physicians, and other relevant groups associated with overall project/account delivery. The Project Manager is also responsible for supporting the Account Director/Senior Account Director in generating revenue from existing accounts and, in some cases, new accounts.
- Project quality and timeliness of delivery – Assumes responsibility for overall scope of each project, develops plans/timelines/budgets, and drives projects to timely, quality delivery.
- Client Communication & Satisfaction – Anticipates client needs and proactively addresses those needs to ensure complete client satisfaction.
- Planning – Works with account management, project management and scientific team to coordinate resources to ensure appropriate account support and communication.
- Financial – Works with account and project team to ensure the delivery of each project relative to budget, and the overall profitability of the account. This could include the tracking and reconciliation of hours. Is able to independently reconcile projects in a timely manner. Helps to facilitate the reporting of financial records to client on a regular basis.
- Proposal Development Assistance – Supports Account Team in the development of proposals/budgets to implement creative educational programs.
- Training and Development – Works with Account Director/Senior Account Director to help select and hire appropriate staff, delegate as appropriate, train and develop Coordinators on a routine basis.
- Other – Completes all relevant other duties as assigned or requested for the general support of the organization. This could include account/project management and scientifically-based tasks related to the business that Account Director/manager sells and/or oversees. These tasks could include literature searches, development of strategic plans, preparing pitches, reviewing manuscripts, developing outlines for manuscripts and agendas for meetings, etc.
- Oversees 5-10 concurrent projects, depending on the scope
- Management 1-3+ accounts, depending on the scope
- Reports to the Account Director/Senior Account Director
Challenges and Opportunities
The Project Manager must exhibit excellent judgment and communications skills while dealing with clients, fellow team members, and health care professionals.
Develop and maintain timelines for each project
Develop and maintain status reports for internal and client use
Develop and manage budgets for each project
The Project Manager must strive to become a valued resource to the client, physicians, and other relevant groups.
- Ability to assess and meet client needs and expectations.
- Learn FDA, AMA, PhRMA Guidelines and State Regulations as they apply to all projects
- Interact with third parties (professional organizations/societies) as appropriate.
- Foster integration, collaboration and teamwork among team members.
- Deploy decile.ten resources to best balance overall business objectives of the organization
- Develop a clear and full understanding of evolving medical education policies, procedures and guidelines.
- Bachelor’s Degree, preferably in scientific field
- 2+ years experience in Project Management in Medical Education.
- Understanding of a variety of therapeutic categories
- Complete and comprehensive knowledge of the professional education process
- The ability to read and speak English
- The ability to travel and meet with clients as required
- This position is typically contained in an office environment with limited physical activity and requires sitting for extended periods of time
Competitive salary and benefits package.