VP, Business Development
We provide medical education services globally to support pharmaceutical products and devices/diagnostics throughout the product lifecycle. Services offered include scientific message development, gap analyses, strategic planning, publications and program planning and implementation, live events, speakers’ bureau. We consistently deliver the highest quality services tailored to educate target clinician audiences, enabling them to make informed decisions about drugs and devices in development and on the market.
SEEKING A COLLABORATIVE BUSINESS DEVELOPMENT LEADER
We are seeking to add a leader to our growing business development team. If you are looking to leverage your business development expertise with the support of a talented team, we’d love to hear from you. All inquiries will be handled with utmost discretion.
As Vice President (VP), Business Development, you will partner closely with the President and other internal stakeholders to implement a strategic business development plan, designed to leverage internal core competencies. Your efforts will help us achieve significant growth by identifying and acquiring new accounts that will have a major strategic and financial impact on the success of the Company.
You will report to the President and will engage with other company leaders and department heads across scientific services, client services, financial services, and creative/digital services. In your role, you may also have interaction with leaders across other group companies, depending on the business development opportunity.
The position is located in New York, NY. As needed, you will travel to engage with potential clients, develop relationships and build business. You will also support business development efforts at relevant conferences and industry events.
- Lead business development activities, including outreach, proposal/pitch creation, presentations, and initial start-up
- Leverage individual experience and relationship network to aid in the achievement of aggressive revenue generation goals.
- Build collaborative relationships with internal team members and stakeholders
- Contribute to business lead generation plan, aimed at yielding significant new business opportunities from sources/contacts that the Company does not currently have
- Expand the Company’s roster of clients, with a specific emphasis in the therapeutic areas of Oncology/Hematology, Immunology
- Lead marketing efforts aimed at significantly increasing the volume of leads and opportunities, including phone/email outreach, industry speaking engagements, convention presence.
- Participate in start-up and provide ongoing strategic guidance and high level account oversight as needed for business secured
- Work with the Executive Committee to position and evolve internal capabilities to meet the changing needs of industry partners
- Relevant healthcare agency and/or pharmaceutical/biotechnology industry experience
- Ability to execute a new business acquisition process, evaluate new opportunities and secure new business.
- Experience in developing and implementing scientific communication strategies for emerging and marketed products
- Demonstrated ability to lead teams and collaborate across disciplines to achieve company and business unit objectives
- Networking and relationship development
- Excellent communication and presentation skills
- Ability to credibly communicate on a peer level with scientific and marketing executives.
- Ability to forecast revenue and ensure profitable growth
Competitive salary and benefits package