As a Medical Writer, you will produce high-quality medical content for the healthcare industry that enhances understanding of the product/disease area. You will participate in the development of publication/communication plans and related educational or promotional services, such as developing strategies and tactics, and attending publication/communication planning strategic and tactical meetings.
The Medical Writer will be responsible for assisting in creating scientific communication content used to inform and educate within a variety of therapeutic areas. This person will liaise directly with Medical Directors in the development of strategic medical communications. Responsibilities will include literature searches and reviews utilizing various database sources, understanding and interpreting the scientific literature, writing and content development and ensuring the medical and editorial accuracy of all content created.
This is an excellent opportunity for anyone who is passionate about science and looking to use his or her communication skills in a creative, supportive and innovative environment. If you have a strong background in clinical therapeutics and critical analysis, this is the ideal role.
- Prepare project manuscript drafts (eg, abstracts, posters, manuscripts, slides) with content and style to the highest level consistent with internal standards and client acceptability, based on direction provided by Agency Management, Medical Communications, external authors, and pharmaceutical company clients.
- Revise project manuscript drafts based on direction provided by Agency Management, Medical Communications and client/author feedback.
- Conduct literature searches and background research for individual projects based on briefings from Agency Management, Medical Communications.
- Assist in development of new business opportunities with current and potential clients, and participate in company capability and new business presentations.
- Provides project management services and client liaison on individual projects as necessary for agency clients.
The Medical Writer is required to travel to project specific advisory board meetings, and at times, may be required to attend scientific congresses. Projects may include development of clinical content which includes case studies, text based and power point slides. Must be knowledgeable on the appropriate guidelines including, but not limited, to the ACCME Standards for Commercial Support, PhRMA Code, and OIG Guidance.
- Ability to digest complex scientific and clinical information and write compelling content for diverse healthcare professional audiences
- Excellent project, time management and organizational skills
- Advanced life science (PhD, PharmD, MS) or medical (MD, DO) degree
- Minimum 2 years’ medical/scientific writing/editing experience
- Publications/communication planning and delivery experience
- Proficiency in Windows, Word, and Powerpoint
- Experience in the medical/health care industry
- Ability to concisely and accurately communicate scientific information to a variety of audiences
- Excellent grammatical, editorial, and proofreading skills
- Attention to factual detail and accuracy
- Outstanding organizational and project management skills
- Must be able to communicate effectively in a team setting
- Strong critical thinking and problem solving skills
- Capacity to manage time effectively
We offer excellent compensation, paid time off, and a complete benefits package, including medical, dental and life insurance, short-term and long-term disability, 401(k), and an FSA program and the opportunity to advance as our company continues to grow.