Account Director / Senior Account Director (Pharma)
The Account Director (AD)/Senior Account Director (SAD) is the client champion within the organization, demonstrating strong ownership of the client’s brand and keeping the focus on the client’s success. The AD/SAD is also responsible for overseeing the project team and other relevant groups associated with overall project/account delivery. In general, the AD/SAD has 2-5 subordinate(s) for whom he/she is responsible. Finally, the AD/SAD is expected to generate revenue from existing accounts and help identify new business opportunities.
- Client Communication & Satisfaction – Anticipates client needs and proactively addresses those needs to ensure complete client satisfaction.
- Project Planning & Execution – Works with his/her supervisor, project and scientific team to coordinate resources to ensure appropriate account support and communication. Drives quality project implementation (defined as on target, on time, on budget)
- Proposal Development – Anticipates current grantor/client needs and proactively conceptualizes and develops proposals to implement creative educational programs.
- Business Expansion/Business Development - Gain access and sell programs to new disease areas within existing accounts.
- Financial – Works with account, project and finance team to ensure the delivery of each project relative to budget, and the overall profitability of the account. Facilitates the reporting of financial records to client and management on a regular basis.
- Content – Guide and oversee the PM teams, as appropriate, with some project management and scientifically-based tasks related to the business that Account Director/manager sells and/or oversees. These tasks could include literature searches, development of strategic plans, preparing pitches, reviewing manuscripts, developing outlines for manuscripts and agendas for meetings, etc.
- Training and Development – Select and hire appropriate staff, delegate as appropriate, train and develop Account Managers / Project Managers / Coordinators on a routine basis.
- Other – Completes all relevant other duties as assigned or requested for the general support of the organization as determined by the company President.
- Maintain an annual budget of contract revenue: $2MM - $3MM (AD), and $4MM - $6MM (SAD
- Manages 1-3+ accounts
Reports to the Vice President or Executive Director
Required Skill Set
The incumbent must have a passion for serving his/her clients, advocate for the success of the clients’ brands, and ensure their complete satisfaction.
The incumbent must be a team leader and motivator
The incumbent must exhibit excellent judgment and communications skills while dealing with clients, fellow team members, and health care professionals.
The incumbent must strive to become a valued resource to the client, physicians, and other relevant groups.
- Develop and maintain contacts and access to key decision makers from the various pharmaceutical clients.
- Interact with third parties (other agency vendors/professional organizations/societies) where appropriate.
- Deploy our resources in a manner to best balance the overall business objectives of the company.
- Develop a clear and full understanding of evolving medical education policies, procedures and guidelines.
- Bachelor’s Degree
- Account Director: 2+ years’ experience in Account Management. Senior Account Director: 5+ years’ experience in Medical Education.
- Familiarity of a variety of therapeutic categories, as required.
- Ability to travel (up to 20%)
Competitive salary and benefits package.