Account Manager (Publications)
As an Account Manager, you will provide a high quality publications planning management service to clients, ensuring that progress is closely monitored and documented, and that controllable key publications milestones are met.
This is an excellent opportunity for an experienced project manager to drive publications preparation to ensure progress is kept on schedule and be the key point of contact for clients to provide answers to publications-related needs.
As an Account Manager, your role will be varied and could include scientific and strategic consultation, publications planning, and management of professional relations with leading academics and development of a range of print and digital medical education projects. Using your strong project management skills and scientific expertise, you will help lead a team to deliver a range of services to clients.
This role would suit someone who enjoys the challenge of acquiring scientific knowledge and expertise across different therapy areas, and developing excellent relationships with clients.
- To succeed, you must have a Bachelor’s degree, preferably in life sciences (advanced degree, preferred).
- 3-5 years experience working in a medical communications agency or pharmaceutical marketing environment is required.
- Knowledge of standard publication planning best practice, good publication practice guidelines (GPP3 etc.), copyright, clinical trial publication recommendations, conflicts of interest (ICMJE/ISMPP/EMWA)
- Knowledge and use of client publication management systems (e.g. DataVision and PubStrat). NB: Training will be provided
- Knowledge of project agreements / budgets regarding publication planning – training given.
- Ability to suggest suitable journals for potential publications and knowledge of fast-track options
- Pharmaceutical industry OR medical communications agency OR journal publishing house OR demonstrable success in a relevant project-management role
- You will also need to demonstrate solid project management skills including financial budgeting skills.
- A strong ability to work well within a team along with exceptional client relations and communication skills is a must.
- Working knowledge or previous experience utilizing Datavision, a plus.
In addition to a competitive salary and benefits package, we are known for our friendly and informal working environment. We also offer excellent opportunities for career and personal development.