Senior Operations Manager
Strategically manage global client conventions, through oversight of their team members in their planning and delivery, while building strong working relationships with brand teams and medical affairs.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities:
- Ensure that the highest standards of convention planning and delivery are maintained through the effective management of Convention Managers and Coordinators.
- Ensure consistency and standardization in delivery of all conventions organized through streamlining working methods.
- Ensure the effective usage of project management systems and processes and the application of client systems including Cvent.
- Produce, manage and circulate key communications (e.g. weekly status reports) to all key meeting stakeholders.
- Travel on-site (as needed) to oversee the team for larger and high-profile conventions.
- Ensure delivery of all events in accordance with regulatory and client-defined compliance guidelines.
- Liaise with and advise stakeholders, using knowledge and event experience to ensure that their business objectives are met
- Partner with the Associate Director, Conventions on strategic convention planning, to include sponsorship selection, association relations and business objectives.
- Build, maintain and develop long term relationships with stakeholders, including brand teams and medical affairs.
- Complete understanding of client business structure, products, policies and key personnel
- Plan, attend & execute client planning meetings - face to face, WebEx conference calls
- Attend Client briefings, project meetings and post-event debriefs
- Review and approve budgets for each convention
- Maximize the efficiency of the team resources and time management
- Ensure that cost avoidance/saving measures are identified, quantified and reported
- Ensure financial tracking of each event and conduct regular ‘health checks’
- Ensure compliance with company & client invoicing processes
- Ensure accurate final reconciliation of events within agreed timelines
- Conduct performance reviews for all team members in line with company procedures
- Mentor the performance of the team by actively engaging with members on issue resolution, identifying best practices and developing performance
- Develop and facilitate multiple training sessions related to account SOPs, hard and soft skills
- Serve as Team Lead on all employee motivation and engagement initiatives
- Organize, plan and prioritize staff and resources to meet objectives and deadlines
- Assist in recruitment of any additional team members
- Effective interaction with other departments - e.g. IT, Finance, HR, Travel
- Apply excellent written and verbal communication skills, both yourself and your team
- Accurate written & verbal communications
- Demonstrate a full understanding of compliance, including ABPI and Pharma Guidelines
- Ensure compliance with all company and Client policies and procedures, including those relating to Health & Safety
- Ensure compliance with all Client & company privacy & security protocols
- Achieve all Client and/or company driven Service Level Agreements (SLAs) for all events
- Maintain good long-term relationships with hotels, venues and suppliers, to ensure the best value for money for clients
- Develop, apply and share a full knowledge of the company’s range of services
- Develop, apply and share a full understanding of clients’ businesses and products
- Assist new starters in the role of ‘Buddy’ when required
- Understand, apply and promote the company’s Vision and Values at all times
- 4 year college degree
- Meeting/Event Planning Experience
- Minimum of 5 maximum of 8 years of pharmaceutical industry experience
- Previous management/ leadership experience required
- Client knowledge/structure/products
- Ensure consistency & standardization
- Budget management
- Relevant industry knowledge up-to- date with market changes
- Ability to lift, sit, walk, carry for various lengths of time throughout the day
- Ability to communicate effectively with clients and co-workers
- Ability to commute on a regular basis via motor vehicle and, as necessary, via airplane
Competitive salary and benefits package