- Ability to quickly analyse and assimilate market, therapy area and product information in order to provide consultancy advice on product differentiation, positioning, and marketing strategy
- Able to develop key messages that support product positioning and brand vision
- Able to lead communication strategy meetings
- Present authoritatively and with credibility to client commercial, medical and scientific staff
- Present authoritatively and with credibility to thought-leaders in any given therapy area
- Thorough understanding of principles and processes underlying the various components of a communication programme (from satellite symposia to publication planning)
- Build successful relationships with client commercial and scientific staff
- Build successful relationships with internal teams
- Identify and develop opinion leader relationships
- Possess excellent medical writing skills and been exposed to a wide range of communication activities
- Ensure highest standards of quality control and client service
- Develop and write strategically-focused communication plans taking into consideration product marketing goals and objectives
- Write, support or manage the delivery of defined sectors within a communication programme
- Ensure products and services are delivered to quality standards across more than one communication programme
- Support and maintain team focus with colleagues across account team and within other departments
- High-level mentoring of other writers and support staff in team
- Involvement with identification and delivery of scientific training needs across account team
- Clear communication with Senior Managers on account and management issues
- Contribute to groups product development
- Sharing ideas and best practice
- Estimating of project hours for individual projects
- Monitoring of own time incurred on projects
- Proactive request for feedback on time from account management
- Diligent accurate completion of personal time sheets
- Utilize therapy area expertise and commercial understanding to support proposal development and build understanding across account team
- Work with Business Development team, as appropriate, to identify and develop business leads
- Develop and present scientific credentials on pitches in collaboration with the Business Development team
- Ability to digest complex scientific and clinical information and write compelling content for diverse healthcare professional audiences
- Excellent scientific writing ability and ability to adapt for different target audiences.
- Ability to ensure all writing meets the client’s strategic marketing or medical objectives as well as being of high scientific quality/credibility.
- Attention to detail, style, consistency, grammar, syntax, scientific accuracy, proof-reading, layout, etc.
- Excellent project management and organizational skills.
- Problem solving/diplomacy skills.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills and ability to lead a small project team.
- Understanding of media, including print, video, digital
- Good knowledge of therapeutic areas and therapies, plus the pharmaceutical industry.
- Presentation, interview, and appraisal skills.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment, often under very tight timelines.
- Occasional travel, including overnight and international travel, required
- Advanced life science (PhD, PharmD, MS) or medical (MD, DO) degree preferred
- 3-5 years’ medical/scientific writing/editing experience
- Publications planning and delivery experience preferred
- Therapy areas expertise in oncology preferred
Competitive salary and benefits package