VP Medical & Scientific Services
- To lead and direct an M&SS divisional unit in the production of strategic medical education and communications programs.
- To manage M&SS unit resource so that all accounts have sufficient staff numbers skills and competencies to meet ongoing project requirements.
- To monitor and proactively manage attainment of annual unit key performance indicators (KPIs).
- To work collaboratively as part of the Divisional and Senior Management Teams to deliver operational efficiency financial control and forward business planning.
- Manage client relationships in conjunction with the VP Client Services.
- Lead and direct the M&SS divisional unit in the delivery and development of medical education and communications programs.
- Provide strategic/high-level content advice in pitch preparation and for ongoing accounts (alone or in association with M&SS Team Leaders/Senior Writers and/or business and account management teams) in order to build business with existing and new clients.
- Network with key pharmaceutical client contacts and ensure service delivery consistently meets expectations.
- Use experience and judgement to ensure:
- operational efficiency (process time and budget monitoring to KPIs) resource management and succession planning
- staff performance management training and career development
- resource forecasting and recruitment
- Manage any staff related issues for example disciplinary grievance or performance improvement programs in collaboration with Human Resources (HR) and divisional President as appropriate.
- Ensure adherence to divisional and group HR policies and Standard Operating Procedures.
- Proactively contribute at divisional and group levels to ensure operational cohesiveness and business growth.
Key result areas:
- Unit operational efficiency and quality delivery of medical education and communications programs.
- Resource management and staff development.
- Achievement of annual unit key performance indicators and business growth goals.
- M&SS VPs Division President.
- Business Division Managers Business Unit Managers and Senior and Account Managers.
- Unit M&SS Team Leaders medical writers editors and editorial assistants.
- Creative/Production and Exhibition Departments
- Pharmaceutical industry key contacts healthcare professionals external service providers (e.g. freelance audiovisual print services).
- Educated to degree level or higher in a biomedical science.
- Significant medical writing and strategic medical education and communications experience gained within an agency environment.
- Broad understanding of the pharmaceutical industry drug regulatory and healthcare compliance environments.
- Managerial leadership and financial competencies.
- Coaching and mentoring skills
- Ability to think strategically and creatively.
- Ability to work collaboratively with senior managers to influence and be persuasive.
- Ability to facilitate and present confidently at meetings both internally and external to the organisation (e.g. with pharmaceutical clients at healthcare advisory boards).
- Commercial awareness and business focus.
We offer employees a vibrant environment, exceptional opportunities for personal development, and competitive salary and benefits. Relocation assistance available.