VP, Creative Director (Copy)
Our client is a specialty provider of market insights, strategic planning, and communications services to the pharmaceutical industry. Our disciplined approach to managed markets communications enables us to uncover insights, develop strategic approaches, and build customized population-based solutions to reach healthcare business decision makers, allowing appropriate access to our clients’ products.
We help clients understand the implicit value of a product, the market into which it will launch, and then plan for and execute on plans to secure optimal access for those products. Residing within our company are people who possess managed care experience, including strategic thinkers, medical writers, creative and account management experts.
We are growing and looking for creative, intelligent and strategic VP, Creative Directors (Copy)!
Why? Managed Markets is one of the more relevant segments of the healthcare industry and they are hiring. Never been a better place or time to make your individual mark in Healthcare as a VP, Creative Director (Copy).
A VP, Creative Director (Copy) provides strategic insights, leads content development of ongoing managed markets initiatives by collaborates with the Account Management team to deliver high quality work on time.
A VP, Creative Director (Copy) will have an opportunity to:
- Be an active participant in internal and client meetings
- Conduct proactive research that is an independent background product search, within therapeutic categories, and/or managed market/healthcare related
- Work together with clients and/or other external key stakeholders and share insight
- Be a part of a team that creates and executes scientifically and promotionally sound managed markets programs
- Collaborate with the Account Management team to lead the strategic development of content, program conceptualization, design and development
- Be a lead role in working with clients on issues related to managed markets and deliverables such as creating strategies and implementing relevant content by collaborating with all involved
- Inquisitive by nature, researching current medical/managed care landscapes for assigned products to identify and support new strategies, truly being the expert
- Mentors and guides writers in developing and delivering program materials and assures content & strategies meet strategic goals that are appropriate and scientific marketing messages, by using an approved project brief
- Oversees the materials are prepared for medical legal review, participates & provides solutions in client’s medical legal review process. Includes: accurate referencing and annotating of all material—using the client’s style (usually AMA)
- Helps develop ideas, strategies and creating materials for new business pitches by collaborating with Managing Director and Account Management team
- Seen as an advisor to senior management on issues related to writing/editorial resource allocation, content quality control processes and training
- Works closely with Account Leads to overcome potential challenges to ensure a successful project completion (deadline, hours, budget, etc.) and offers creative solutions
- Has the opportunity to potentially travel to client related meetings and industry events to provide input and expertise when appropriate
- Understands and respects internal policies and procedures
- Leader in assigning and managing account team projects, working closely with department managers to identify and manage internal and external resources
- Insightfully manages the copy team’s strengths/weaknesses, needs, and resources
- Expert lead in hiring, training, mentoring, offering feedback, and conducting performance evaluations with direct reports that aligns with rest of team
- A Bachelors degree or higher
- Minimum of 5 – 7 years of strategic content development and editorial experience within the managed markets/market access, clinical, publishing, and/or pharmaceutical industry/payer agency or related industry experience; require some level of scientific background knowledge and experience
- Successfully managed, developed and maintained a team of writers
- Expert of understanding of the managed markets landscape, healthcare channel customers and scientific/medical terminology
- Demonstrates through examples of an ability to analyze and interpret scientific data, managed markets data, and payer insights
- Thoroughly understands knowledge of client organizations through consultative and strategic interaction
- Keen ability to interact with clients and/or other external stakeholders
- Thrives on successfully managing a diverse set of projects with deadline goals
- Innate ability and passion to be a leader and mentor in a business setting
- Exceptional organizational, analytical and interpersonal skills
Competitive salary and beneifits package.